Receiving a call from an unknown number can be unsettling. But what if you receive a call from a number that starts with +44, which is the country code for the United Kingdom, and the rest of the number is 7700 151855? Should you answer it? Is it safe to call back? Here’s what you need to know and what you can do if you receive a call from this number.
Who is calling from +44 7700 151855?
According to reports, +44 7700 151855 is a mobile phone number registered in the United Kingdom. The area code 07700 is also used by other mobile numbers that operate on the Nationwide Telephone network. As of the time of writing, there have been 22 reports and 6,766 lookups for this number. The community has rated it as a dangerous caller with six ratings. Two users rated this phone number as dangerous, and four users rated it as harassing.
What are the most common complaints about +44 7700 151855?
Based on users’ reports, the most used words are spam, scam, nuisance, postcode, and voicemail. Some users have reported that the caller leaves a voicemail that says there is a problem with the recipient’s Amazon account or order and asks the recipient to call back on the same number. Others have reported that the caller claims to be from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and threatens the recipient with legal action or arrest if they don’t pay a certain amount of money.
What should you do if you receive a call from +44 7700 151855?
If you receive a call from +44 7700 151855, here are some steps you can take:
- Don’t answer the call. If the caller is genuine, they will leave a voicemail, and you can decide if you want to call them back.
- Don’t call back immediately. If the caller left a voicemail, wait for a few minutes before calling back. This will give you time to research the number and check if it’s safe to call back.
- Research the number. Use a search engine to find out more about the number. You can also use websites like Who Called Me or Tellows to check if other people have reported the number as spam or a scam.
- Report the number. If you believe that the caller is a spammer or scammer, you can report the number to the authorities. In the UK, you can report nuisance calls to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or Action Fraud. You can also report spam calls and messages to your mobile network operator.
- Block the number. If you have received multiple calls from the same number, you can block the number on your phone. Most smartphones have a built-in feature that allows you to block numbers. You can also download third-party apps that can help you block spam and unwanted calls.
Conclusion +44 7700 151855
Receiving a call from an unknown number can be scary, but it’s essential to stay calm and take the necessary precautions. If you receive a call from +44 7700 151855, don’t answer it immediately, and research the number before calling back. If you believe that the caller is a spammer or scammer, report the number to the authorities and block the number on your phone. By being vigilant and taking the necessary steps, you can protect yourself from unwanted calls and potential scams.